Welcome to the Voice Journey Sound Center website!
Voice Journey Sound Center (VJSC) presents a diverse & cross-cultural array of workshops, training programs, private lessons, community gatherings and sound healing services to strengthen your voice and sonically enrich your holistic experience.
The Voice Journey® approach encourages you to think of your voice in a new, empowered context and use your voice in ways that can change your life – reduce stress, energize the body, increase mental clarity, improve mood, enhance communication, develop leadership skills, enrich relationships, and boost creativity.
At VJSC, every voice is honored for its uniqueness and helped to grow in the ways that are most beneficial. The accessible tools we share open a path for you to free your voice, refine your self-expression, and promote personal & collective growth.
What’s Coming Up:
* 2018 Therapeutic Sound
Practitioner Training *
w/ Stephanie Rooker & Wendy Young
~ Registration Open Now! ~
Join us for the 2nd year of this transformative 7-month program, in partnership with the International Sound Therapy Association (ISTA)!
The Therapeutic Sound Practitioner (TSP) training is a skills-based, process-oriented educational model that provides critical instruction in the application of the fundamental principles of therapeutic sound through the modalities of Voice Journey®, Soundfulness MeditationTM, singing bowls, and tuning forks. Of the many sound practitioner trainings available, very few offer participants a fully supervised, immersive, intensive, and integrated process that equips them with the tools, guidance, and experience to ethically practice therapeutic sound modalities with individuals and groups, directly upon completion.
Stony Point Center
17 Cricketown Rd
Stony Point, NY 10980
This program offers participants:
- The ability to facilitate therapeutic sound sessions, skillfully utilizing various modalities and techniques, in both one-to-one and group settings
- A strong fundamental understanding of musical terms and sound concepts upon which all sound healing modalities are based
- Expanded awareness and perception through a deep study of listening
- Discernment and appreciation of the experience of silence
- A grounded understanding of how sound can induce meditative and trance states
- A firm grasp of scientific principles that explain the nature of sound and its effects on the human organism
* Take home the VJ Experience *
with the Voice Journeys album!
MAKE THE WAY BY WALKING:
Voice Journeys with Stephanie Rooker
is a collection of improvised music based on Voice Journey® practices & principles to inspire and guide you to free and empower your voice! Join in the journeys by singing along, quietly soaking in the sweet sounds, or using them to accompany your meditation, bodywork, or yoga practice!
(available in CD & digital/MP3 formats)